Throughout the Prologue and Part I, we get to see how
Will feels about Charleston, North Carolina. He spends quite a bit of time
detailing his likes and dislikes about the city and her occupants. Soon, many
of you will be leaving home and heading out on your own for the first time.
What are some things you’ll miss about our community? Any specific places that
hold a special meaning for you? Why?
Your entry should be thoughtful and thoroughly
developed and no fewer than 250 words.
As always, draft your prompt (and save a backup) on Word. Be sure to add at
least one relevant image of our community or an image that represents our
community to support your post.
Next fall I will be leaving Kansas City and going to Springfield, Missouri to attend Missouri State University. One thing I will miss is the tightness of the community. It was really fun to see this during the World Series run that the Royals had this fall. During this run it felt like everyone was having fun with each other and we all felt that we could relate to the team in a certain way. Another example of the tightness was during Reat’s funeral sophomore year. Before his funeral the West Boro Baptist Church had announced that they were going to picket the funeral, after learning this many members of the community decided to make a positive protest to respond during the negativity. So on the day of the funeral many people lined the streets with signs with positive messages written on them. Next year one place I will miss in Kansas City will be Quik Trip. I will miss this, because I can go there after a hard day at work, school, or with friends. When we go there we can donuts, taquitos, and fountain drinks at affordable prices. Finally the last place I will is will be the River ridge Basketball Court. At the court I have been able to play countless pickup basketball games with my friends. It is also close to some of my friends’ houses were we are able to play video games and other activities. Man I sure will miss living in Kansas City.
No comments:
Post a Comment